WHOOOHOOO it's in print!!!

my layout that was accepted for publication last year, has finally made it into the magazine that came out today!!!! Vol 12 #3.....here's the page:

I've been doing a little bit of scrapping at some crop days, one of which was held at my my mum's house on Labour Day. It was great to get out for the whole day rather than just a few hours at night, but in saying that I also scrapped at my friend Cristi's house the other night and I got two and a half layouts done there. I think it makes a difference when its not at your own place, you can relax more and let the mojo take over! Anyways, here are a few of the layouts that I created over those last two crop day/night.

This one is for a Sketch hosted my Felicity over at Bon's Scraps. Love her work and sketches, and it also had to include paint circles which were lots of fun and very effective!!

Bon's Scraps is also having their March CC starting next week on the 23rd March. You can check out the information here and below is the timetable: Come along its lots of fun!!!!
8:45- Sketch Challenge
9:05- bingo
9:15- Scrap Lift challenge
9:30- DT Challenge
MAKE SURE YOU POP IN EVERYDAY TO CHECK OUT THE PHOTOGRAPHY CHALLENGES TOO!


This one "Sweet" was created for Scrapboutique's Stash stomper hosted by the lovely KarenB. Karen's sketch and sample is devine and the added criteria was to include atleast 3 different materials/felt/ribbon etc.

This one "create" is my week #2 submission for Scrapability sketches Soup challenge. It's ran by the beautiful Bek and inspired by 5 different 'ingredients' for each day of the week and then a 'twist'. This one was to include: Kraft cs, rubon, transparency, round embellishment, bling and 8.5" x 11" layout. These were photos from the day at kinder that I was on duty, hehe so cute!


I also played along with their monthly sketch challenge below:




This next one will form part of a a double layout of the one above and I have entered it into My sketch world.
I've never entered into their comps before, so am still learning about how they do things. I also entered into their card sketch too with a cute card for our friends Michelle and Steve's new little addition - Lily Jean.


AND LASTLY!!!!
I've decided to step down from the DT at Artypants. It's something that I had been thinking about for a couple of months so it wasn't a decision I made lightly. It's be great hanging out with the girls on the forum and coming up with challenges and games for the members, especially the fun Scrap your Pants off comp. But there comes a time when things need to take a back seat in order to accomplish other goals in your life and right now that entails my big O/S trip in May.
Thanks for having me on the team Jodie and I've learnt lots and made lots of friends :)
Well that's it for now. Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my layouts, I really appreciate all your kind thoughts and feedback!!!


















15 comments:

Rachel said...

YAY Laura!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW EXCITING!!!

Kerryn said...

I just picked up the mag yesterday and spied your gorgeous layout in there. Congratulations Laura!!!!

Ceci said...

Congratulations Laura, how exciting!! Oh and I especially love your 'Sweet' layout. :)

KarenB said...

Congratulations on your publication Laura, doing a happy dance for you!!

You rock, chickie!!

KarenB said...

Oops also meant to say that I'm LOVING your other LO's too - thanks for playing along with my sketch over at the Boutique and for your sweet comments. I love your 8.5x11 too - great format for your style of scrapping I think xx

Her Essential Hand said...

TOOT TOOT...
we are disembarking here at
STATION 10: RELAXATION

Enjoy your time wondering around.

Laura said...

Hi ME :D TOOT TOOT!!!

Catie said...

Choo Choo, coming thru!! Love your blog Laura! Congrats on your publication!

Sue said...

Just a quick stop on the blog train. Yay on your publication. Love the fish Lo.

Marelle said...

toot toot hopping out of the train to stretch my legs

Kristy said...

Hi Laura,
Congrats on your publication. Woo Hoo! You deserve it! Toot Toot!
Kristy (Willow)

Charmane said...

Congrats on your first publication Laura! yay! so glad you've joined us at bons :)

Love Charmane

Chantal Vandenberg said...

TOOT TOOT!!! Congrats on your publication!!! Well done!!! And totally well deserved too I might add. I absolutely ADORED this layout "Baby Steps" in the magazine. I didn't realise it was yours. It was one of the most memorable layouts in the magazine for sure. Loved it.

Bree said...

Congratulations on your publication Laura :)
I too am off on a big OS holiday in May..super excited..wouldn't it be funny if we were going on the sam trip!! Hope you have a fabulous time!!

Crystal Goulding said...

Toot toot - gorgeous blog!

Write here, about you and your blog.
 
Copyright 2009 Scrapping our Family Memories All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes